<% total_resultados %> results for <% palabra_buscada %> in <% tags_selected.map(e=>e.name).join() %>
The experience that Rincón Colorado offers the visitor is perhaps a bit unique for Mexico: a journey 70 million years back in time, to the Cretaceous period. It is the site of a museum and Paleontology Reserve which features a Tyrannosaurus Rex, as well as the first fully reconstructed dinosaur of Mexico, the duck-billed Isauria dinosaur.
What to Know?
- The discovery of fossil remains, archeological wealth, and the history of dinosaurs can all be taken in in the Rincón Colorado in the state of Coahuila.
- Beginning in 1994, the archeological zone of Rincón Colorado was opened to visits from national and international tourists.
- On November 28th, 2012 the governor of the state of Coahuila, Rubén Moreira Valdez, declared Rincón Colorado in the municipality of General Cepeda to be the Foremost Paleontological Zone in Mexico.
- Visitors to Rincón Colorado can observe seven windows of exhibitions with reproductions of dinosaurs that inhabited the area 72 million years ago.
- The National Institute of Anthropology and History (INAH), which explores the ejido Guadalupe in the municipality of General Cepeda, received a report that the tail bones of an articulated dinosaur were found in July, 2012.
- Rincón Colorado
- Victor Rodríguez
- Cast - Spanish
- Claudia Alvares
- Sarah lópez
- Esteban López
- Cast - English
- Cecilia Castañeda
- Brenda Chávez
- Ale Salgado
Visit Rincon Colorado with this photographsGallery
Find out more about Rincon Colorado Archaeological SiteAudiospot
More about Coahuila
More Archaeological Sites
We want you with us
Subribe to our newsletter and discovery Mexico with us